The restaurant is located in the beautiful ambience of the Nehaj Fortress.
We work seasonally from 15.04 to 15.10.
Fortress Nehaj was erected in 1558 when the Turks and Venice were at the peak of their power. In those bitter times Senj with its inhabitants resisted numerous attacks of the enemy trying to seize control over the town. Ivan Lenković, the capitain of the Senj uskoks ordered all churches and monasteries being outside the town walls to be destroyed and a new fortress on the Trbušnjak hill (62 m) to be built. This 18 m high and 23 m wide fortress could be reached by staircases via wooden bridge through narrow double gate. The powerful walls 3,30 m thick narrowing towards the top ended with crenel and five small corner towers.